I have been on the program for 6 weeks. Have traveled the better part of the last 3 1/2 weeks and have, for the most part stayed with healthy, clean eating, admittedly with a few slip ups.
My results so far:
- I am off of Prilosec (I had been on for over 10 years!!) I have had no episodes of heartburn / GERD since 2 1/2 weeks in.
- Have gone down 2 sizes in jeans (the mode of dress for this country girl).
- No naps necessary since 2 weeks in. And they had become a regular in my life!!! Much more energy and stamina.
- With my few slip ups, I have learned it only takes that tiny bit of sugar to make me sick again! I am really becoming a believer in this sugar addiction/abuse cycle and how terribly unhealthy it is.
- I am learning to appreciate (notice I did not say LIKE) vegetables.
- People notice and complement weight lose “in my face”. 🤔
- May get to go back to my last wedding rings very soon! My current one had to be purchased about 7 years ago due to weight and it has become much looser.
- Blood pressure is gradually coming down.
- Noticeably reduced joint pain and stiffness.
- Have weaned self off peripheral neuropathy prescription with no adverse effects!!
- Stepping into a more aggressive (for me) exercise routine tomorrow!!! AND excited about that!! Oh, and BLESSED!
I have never stayed with a healthy life-style change this long and do not plan on quitting. As Dr. Mark reminded me, at my weak moment, I am not a quitter; and they are available to help and encourage us as we are for each other. WE HAVE THIS! Let’s keep it!!