Makes 4 servings. Prep time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 4 each sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 each chipotle peppers, minced
- 3 each garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 each chicken breast halves without skin
- 3 cups kale, steamed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chiles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast or thigh.
- Grill the chicken breasts or thighs over medium heat until done, being careful not to overcook and dry out the meat. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes off of the grill, then dice into bite sized pieces.
- Steam or saute kale in a saute pan over medium heat until tender.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Split the sweet potatoes open and top with kale, chicken and cheese. Garnish with some fresh cilantro if desired.
Per serving (excluding unknown items): 401.0 Calories; 5.6g Fat (12.3% calories from fat); 37.5g Protein; 51.9g Carbohydrate; 81mg Cholesterol; 723mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.